In earlier times, it used to be the US of A that attracted Indian students for higher education studies. With their world-class universities, Ivy League colleges, and ability to adapt to a changing work environment, it provided everything for Indians. That was till 2016. Since 2016, the US has been steadily losing students and working professionals to its neighbour, Canada.
Canada is the perfect country where individuals can choose to settle down with their families to enjoy a quality of life and high living standards. Canada offers various family-sponsored visas to individuals, a highlight of the Canadian Immigration Program. The Canada dependent visa for spouse is one such highlight of the program. It allows the permanent residents to sponsor eligible family members, such as their spouse, dependent children, and so on, for permanent residency for Canada.
As per the National Foundation for American Policy’s analysis of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) data, the number of Indians in Canada gaining PR status increased by 105 percent between 2016 and 2019. According to the Canadian Bureau for International Education, Indian students in Canada increased by 127 percent between 2016 and 2018.
About the Process
Getting a Canada dependent visa for spouse or children is easy if you know the right way to approach the issue. If you are eligible for a PR visa, you can sponsor your spouse, partner, or children to become permanent residents of Canada. There are a few conditions that visa applicants need to satisfy before sponsoring a Canada dependent visa for spouse. They are as follows:
- If you do sponsor your spouse for a dependent visa, you must be able to support them financially and show proof that you can do the same.
- Sponsors also need to ensure that their spouse does not need social assistance from the Government to support themselves.
The fees to sponsor a dependent spouse visa start at around CAD $1,050.
Who is Eligible to Sponsor their Spouse for a Canadian Dependent Visa?
Immigrants can sponsor their spouse in the permanent residency for Canada program if they meet certain conditions. The Canadian Government has a strict set of rules and regulations. To be eligible to sponsor a spouse, immigrants need to satisfy the following set of conditions laid down by the Canadian Government.
- You must be at least eighteen years of age before you can think of sponsoring a spouse or partner.
- You are to be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered as an Indian in Canada under the Canadian Indian Act.
- If you are able to show that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than disability, you may be eligible.
- Immigrants and PR residents also need to prove that they can provide for the spouse’s basic needs they wish to sponsor.
There are almost no income requirements in certain cases. Still, the Government may request additional proof if you are sponsoring a Canada dependent visa for spouse who has a dependent child and if their dependent child has one or more children of their own.
The Time it takes to Process a Canadian Spouse Dependent Visa
The application processing time indicates how long it took the Immigration Department to process a Canada dependent visa for spouse. However, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can reject an application in the case of any discrepancies or incomplete applications.
The estimated processing time for a spousal dependent visa application can take anywhere from twelve months to more than a year.
The Documents Required Applying for a Canadian Spousal Visa?
Below is a list of all the documents required to get a dependent visa for permanent residency for Canada:
- Proof of relationship with the dependent: As a dependent visa applicant, the individual must provide evidence of a relationship with the individual sponsoring them.
- If the applicant’s documents are not in English or French, they must provide a certified translation for their dependent visa application.
- If requested, the applicant must also provide police verification proof.
- Individual photographs of the sponsor and the concerned spouse
- The Canadian Immigration department might request some additional documents in the case of some countries’ specific requirements.
Applying for a Spouse Visa or Dependent Visa in Canada this Year?
If individuals are looking at obtaining permanent residency for Canada, it is beneficial if they get the assistance of a proven and trustworthy immigration consultancy service. Visa consultancy agencies provide a seamless and hassle-free experience in delivering a Canada dependent visa for spouses. By using their extensive experience in the immigration field, the agency can assist in providing immigration and consultancy related services to fast track your visa application.
An immigration consultancy service provides legal assistance, post-landing assistance, etc. Certain immigration agencies can also assist you if your Canada dependent visa for spouse requires an IELTS exam qualification. Acquiring permanent residency for Canada can be hectic if one does not know the process. A good immigration consultant will always offer you all-around help for your visa application and post-residency assistance if needed. To navigate you through this process and help you with your documentation, it is always essential to take assistance from the right immigration consultant for your Canada dependent visa for spouse to land the perfect destination of opportunity.