Choosing the right luxury home builder in Calgary for your dream house can be a difficult and exhausting process- given so many builders in the market today.
But, why do people hire luxury home builders in the first place, you might ask. Well, the reasons go far beyond aesthetics:
● You get to personalize your house by incorporating custom designs.
● You save money in the long run, as you have less maintenance cost.
● The cost of a custom-built home is often less than that of a comparable pre-built home.
● The house is more practical because it was designed with you in mind.
When Should You Begin Your Search For A Luxury Home Builder?
When you have thoroughly researched the styles and layout you desire for your house, that is the best time to begin looking for a builder. You can work together to plan and map out your house by hiring both an architect and a home builder at the same time. By doing this, you can make sure that your home’s design and your desired budget are compatible throughout the construction process.
The advantages of hiring a luxury home builder in the design phase are:
● Stay within your budget
● The builder can work closely with your architect.
● Builders can provide cost-cutting and value-engineering choices.
● Based on the preliminary design, you receive an initial estimate.
Choosing A Builder
Building a house from scratch is already a process that is stressful enough as it is a significant investment and a time-consuming process. You don’t want the added inconvenience of having to chase down your designers, architects, or builders. So, the sooner you start your search for the builder, the better it is. But, how do you go about it?
It is always best to work with local builders, as they know the area through and through. You can easily get referrals through your friends or relatives- and believe us they are the most trusted ones.
In case you are unable to find any, there’s always the internet. Make sure that you carefully go through the builder’s portfolio to identify their style and designs. Avoid wasting your time and move on if you notice images that have been “stolen” from the internet.
Meet Them Face-to-Face
You cannot skip this part. You have to meet your potential builders in person and visit their office to get a feel of their staff and their environment. It is important that you are easily able to communicate your ideas to them.
Another MUST is to always ask them for referrals of their past clients and the clients they are currently working with. Try and visit at least one of their display homes. Don’t pass up the chance to see their work firsthand and stroll around the entire space to better appreciate the fine craftsmanship, ample space, and sought-after luxury amenities that all custom houses have.
Ask Them As Many Questions As You Can
The best approach to determine whether you and your prospective builder are on the same page or not is to prepare a list of questions that you want to ask.
Some of the questions could be:
● How many years of experience do they have?
● Can they assist you in choosing the ideal home site?
● Whether they are insured and licensed?
● What advantage do they have over other builders in the area?
● Which new house warranties do they provide?
To get in touch with a reputable luxury home builder in Calgary, give RareBuilt Homes a call. They have over 10 years of experience under their belt and are dedicated to delivering luxury homes that will exceed your expectations. Click here to look at their portfolio.