Errors when updating QuickBooks Desktop can be quite common. They can occur at any time during the application’s various operations. QuickBooks Update errors can also impact the QuickBooks Desktop features such as payroll. Once you experience any update error, you won’t be able to download or install any new updates.
What causes QB Update Errors?
There are many types of update errors and each error codes a different one. Some common updates are Error 12157 and Error 1603, Error 15271, Error 15271 and Error PS038, as well as QuickBooks Error404. Here are some known causes of update errors in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your Windows computer has incorrect date and time settings.
- Internet connectivity problems
- Windows Firewall prevents QuickBooks from downloading any updates.
- QuickBooks Desktop can be installed on more than one computer.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
Troubleshooting Step 1 – Check the Date and Time on Your Computer
- If you are not sure about the date or time displayed on your system, right-click it and choose Adjust Date and Time.
- Click the Unmark the Time Automatically slider box, and then click Change under the Date and Time Settings.
- Next, set the correct date and hour and ensure that the Set the Time Zone Automatically option has been turned on.
- Click on Change to close the Date & Time window.
- Start QuickBooks and then try downloading the updates again.
Troubleshooting Step 2 – Verify and set up your Internet connection
- Open Internet Explorer to visit a secure website you visit often, such as intuit.com.
- For assistance, contact your IT support if you have trouble accessing the website. If the website loads successfully, you can proceed to the next troubleshooting steps.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click Internet Connection Setup under the Help tab.
- To establish an Internet connection for this application to access the Internet, click Use my computer’s Internet connections settings.
- Click Next to choose Advanced Connection Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab and click Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click OK, then hit Done.
Troubleshooting Step 3 – Configure your Firewall Settings on Your Computer
- Click the Start button to search for quickbooks database server manager.
- Click the Port Monitor button and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Notify the Port Number for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Start button once more to search for Windows Firewall.
- Click on Windows Firewall to open the Advanced Settings menu.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules option, and then hit New Rule
- Click on Port, then click Next.
- You must enable the TCP option.
- Checkmark the box for Specific Local Ports, and then enter the port number into the text box.
- Click Next to choose to Allow the connection
- Click Next to enter a name for the new rule.
- Follow the same steps as before to set out the outbound rules in QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 4 – Disable the second copy of QuickBooks Desktop
You can face update issues if you have the exact same version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on two different computers. We recommend that you delete the second copy and only keep one copy.
Troubleshooting Step 5 – Open QuickBooks as an Administrator
If the user doesn’t have administrator permissions, the QuickBooks Desktop update error could also occur. This error can be fixed by running QuickBooks as an administrator. Here’s how:
- All programs that are currently running on your computer must be closed.
- Reboot the system.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks to open it.
- Next, select Run as Administrator.
If the QuickBooks desktop pro update error persists, you can continue to the next troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting Step 6 – Run Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix my program can be used to resolve the critical update problem. You will need to install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer in order to run the tool. Here’s how:
- Exit QuickBooks
- Download the latest quickbooks tool hub.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from downloads.
- Follow the steps to install the tool hub.
- To proceed, mark the box that says I agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- After the QuickBooks Tool Hub has opened, select the Program Problems option
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
If the QuickBooks error message regarding a failed update persists, please proceed to the next step.
Troubleshooting Step 7 – Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
We can resolve the issue with QuickBooks Update due to problems in the installation files. Here are the steps:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub once more.
- Click on the Installation Issues tab within the tool hub.
- Next, choose QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
- This tool will fix any installation problems.
- After the tool has fixed the errors, restart your computer.